Sunday, April 23, 2017

A Little Help From Our Friends


Mel and I decided to take the week off.....not from eating, but from blogging.  

So, we've turned our "A Hill of Year" blog over to our first ever "Guest Blogger."  It's in the capable hands of our good friend, Laura.  Take it away, Laura...

_______________________________________________________________________


I’ve had many a memorable meal at Favazza’s, a Hill favorite for decades. From bachelorette dinners, to post-theater noshes, to birthday celebrations, it’s been the home to countless delectable dining experiences surrounded by good friends and family.


Last week was no different. My “Hill of  Year” friends Bob and Mel invited me and several of our friends to join them on their journey around the Hill restaurants. I was thrilled to hear Favazza’s was the destination of choice.

We were a large group, and the staff was very accommodating, finding a second table for us to we had a bit more elbow room.

"The Gang"


The bread basket arrived early, much to my delight. In the evenings, Favazza’s serves toasted garlic bread along with the traditional Italian bread. It’s delicious — a special touch I haven’t found at other restaurants.

We all ordered, and though I didn’t record everyone’s selections, I know that I ordered the chicken prosciutto, which was delicious. It came with a house salad, which featured Favazza’s homemade Italian house dressing. The hearty portion of chicken arrived lightly breaded and sautéed, topped with provel cheese and served in white wine sauce with prosciutto (sans the fresh mushrooms that usually accompany it). On the side I had pasta with red sauce.



It was all very tasty, and my dining companions were equally pleased with their meals, leaving us to wonder why we don’t dine there even more often.  Click here to see menus.

In the end, the evening made me quite jealous of Bob and Mel. If all their dining experiences are this good, it’s sure to be a “Hill of a Year.”


No comments:

Post a Comment