Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Mel's First Foray into A Hill of a Year

It was a dark and stormy night, Or more like a dark and frigid night when Bob and I visited our first restaurant for "Hill of a Year" on Friday, January 6. Anthonino's Taverna seemed like a good place to start since it has been voted Best Overall Restaurant by the Riverfront Times 2015-2016. That and I bought Bob a gift card for Christmas.



Anthonino's serves both Greek and Italian food, which worked out great for us. Greek all the way for me. Bob's the pasta guy. When we go out to eat, I usually get something I can't cook (which is about everything,) so I ordered spanakopita. Bob tried the house-made stuffed ravioli. And at the suggestion of our server, Gabby, Bob chose the mix of marinara and Alfredo sauce. Great recommendation.



Anthonino's has an extensive menu which, I think, can accommodate all tastes. They also have a full bar with signature cocktails and a nice beer selection.

Anthonino's started as a small restaurant in 2003 (according to their website) or 2004 (as the the gift card notes.) The date doesn't really matter for this family-owned and operated restaurant. It has a comfortable feeling. Maybe because it is a converted 1939 bar complete with a tin ceiling and hardwood floor. About two years ago, Anthonino's tripled its space, which is a bit more rustic with bare floor and rock-lined walls

When settling the check, we decided to leave a "calling card' to let each establishment learn about our quest. Maybe they will check out our blog...



If you want to find out more about their restaurant and menu, check out the link.
http://anthoninos.com

2 comments:

  1. I love Anthonino's! I try to visit there when I am in St. Louis and have the opportunity. Their Tutti Mare is great! A wonderful choice to start your "Hill of a year!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate there when we were in town this past April, and ate here for the first time. I think they have the best toasted ravioli that we personally tasted in all our years of eating them in STL.

    ReplyDelete