Friday, January 6, 2017

In Your Face.....

In your face, Mel!!  I was the first one to eat on The Hill in 2017!

As it turns out, I went to Missouri Baking to buy some breakfast for tomorrow....and the nice ladies there gave me a sample of their Amaretto Macaroons!   To say it was delicious is an understatement.  It was wonderful opening for me to this Hill of a Year.  The entire place was sensory overload to a "dessert freak" like me.  So many different varieties of cannolis!



And it just kept going.  I'm told (by those in the know), that their Chocolate Drops (a pound cake-like treat with a creamy chocolate icing) are to die for.  But I opted for a lemon and gooey butter danish....and two chocolate chip cannolis.  The beauty of the rules that I set up for our "Hill of a Year" challenge...Nothing says we can't visit the same place more than once.



Located at 2027 Edwards St. (catty-corner from Zia's), Missouri Baking was founded in 1909 by two brothers, Eugenio and Francesco Arpiani...along with their brother-in-law Steve Gambaro.  And it's still in operation.

This is one of the unique qualities of The Hill.  There are dozens of family run businesses that have been there for generations, and they produce quality products and provide personalized, comfortable service.   In this age of mass produced, cookie-cutter products and restaurants, I feel it is so important to support businesses like this so we don't end up with a boring predictable world.  The Hill is certainly unique in this way.

Below is a link to Missouri Baking Co.'s Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Missouri-Baking-Co/116160301737873

No comments:

Post a Comment