Saturday, May 27, 2017

Great Memorial Day Weekend Trifecta, Part One


Because Bob and I don’t have a traditional Memorial Day weekend, we decided to embark on our Great Memorial Day Weekend Trifecta. (GMDWT)

First Stop - Cha Cha Chow




Cha Cha Chow began as a food truck offering a fusion of Latin Americas to the North Americas inspired cuisine. “But Mel,” you plead. “Food truck season is over, and I want a taco now.” Luckily for you, a walk up restaurant opened on the Hill.

The menu reflects the requisite minimal selections of food trucks, which was fine with me. C’mon, how many food choices do we really need?

I ordered a two taco platter - curried sweet potato and fish. I had plate envy over Bob’s pork and cheese-stuffed grilled tortillas or pupuas.Both came with salsa. I had corn salad as a side and Bob had slaw.



Cha Cha Chow offered a few outdoor picnic tables and a couple of stools near the counter that weren’t really conducive to eating. Where shall we go? What shall we do?



No comments:

Post a Comment